Colab gets disconnected when performing startup tasks

Hi,
thanks a bunch for Cloudizer!

Colab is driving me nuts, it constantly disconnects when trying to download init clouderizer stuff from the fast.ai community project. If I turn to CPU it works flawlessly… I guess there are too many people using the GPUs.
Is there any trick to get it working?

or, what are the free options?

At the end, before shutting down I tried one more time… and obviously it went farther than before. However, after it finished below error was printed and I had to relogin (and configure Drive again!) in Clouderizer.

09/26/18 03:22:14 All setup done. Total Setup Time : 9 minutes
Starting Clouderizer service now…
You can now login to Clouderizer console to remotely access this project.*
[main] INFO com.clouderizer.client.utils.Logger - Starting Clouderizer version 1.0
[main] INFO com.clouderizer.client.utils.Logger - Home: /root user: root
[ClouderizerService#1537932134362] INFO com.clouderizer.client.utils.Logger - Starting Service…
[ClouderizerService#1537932134362] INFO com.clouderizer.client.utils.Logger - Error from Server …

Unexpected character (<) at position 0.
at org.json.simple.parser.Yylex.yylex(Yylex.java:610)
at org.json.simple.parser.JSONParser.nextToken(JSONParser.java:269)
at org.json.simple.parser.JSONParser.parse(JSONParser.java:118)
at org.json.simple.parser.JSONParser.parse(JSONParser.java:81)
at org.json.simple.parser.JSONParser.parse(JSONParser.java:75)
at com.clouderizer.client.utils.ClientToServer.ClouderizerGet(ClientToServer.java:82)
at com.clouderizer.client.service.ClouderizerService.run(ClouderizerService.java:124)
[ClouderizerService#1537932134362] ERROR com.clouderizer.client.utils.Logger - Error in Clouderizer Service
at com.clouderizer.client.service.ClouderizerService.run(ClouderizerService.java:137)
[ClouderizerService#1537932134362] ERROR com.clouderizer.client.utils.Logger - Stopping Service
[Thread-0] INFO com.clouderizer.client.utils.Logger - echo Exiting clouderizer agent > /content/temp.sh
[Thread-0] INFO com.clouderizer.client.utils.Logger - Error from Server …

at com.clouderizer.client.utils.ClientToServer.ClouderizerSendStopped(ClientToServer.java:293)
at com.clouderizer.client.MainApplication$2.run(MainApplication.java:76)
[Thread-0] INFO com.clouderizer.client.utils.Logger - About to kill tmux session
[Thread-5] INFO com.clouderizer.client.utils.Logger - ERROR>error connecting to /tmp/tmux-0/default (No such file or directory

Hi Manu

After reconfiguring Google Drive, did your project start to work normally?

-Prakash

Hi Prakash,
thanks for your response.
Since this last error, everytime I try to launch on Colab it now tells me there’s no GPU available immediately when allocating. I think this is better than not knowing and getting frustrated at the middle of execution.

Thanks!

Yes. Evidently everyone is getting more and more of these errors now.

Try out our new integration with GCP. With free $300 credit, you can practically get close to 1000 hours of Nvidia K80 GPU, and much more reliable than Colab.

Awesome, thanks for the update!
I’ve actually tried it earlier this week and got the “coming soon” sign. I wasn’t expecting it to be shipped so soon, outstanding job!! You re really making it easy for the starters !
In any case, once I started the fast ai Dl course, I decided to switch to the new ml one and that one doesn’t need gpu.

Thanks